The Part-Time Data Scientist will assist the team in executing advanced analytics and computational approaches to accelerate and optimize people and machine analytics findings and insights. He/She will leverage people and machine feedback data to support developing impactful analysis and visualizations. The Part-Time Data Scientist role will collaborate with the current team to generate analytics required to lead business organizations and support reporting and consulting activities regarding data and insight needs.
- Leverage Python to transform data sets and create insightful visualizations
- Use mySQL / PostreSQL to query data for the specific needs of each project
- Perform detailed exploratory analysis using a variety of tools
- Work on a variety of team-based projects providing expertise in analytical and computational approaches
- Build and construct prototypes of advanced analytic workflows
- Collaborate with the engineering team to infuse analytics models into our core platform
Essential Skills & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor or above, with relevant industry experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Python, object-oriented programming, APIs, and ability to utilize library documentation
- Experience with open-source graphing library
- Knowledge of mySQL, PostgreSQL or other similar querying languages
- Experience with reproducible and collaborative technology platforms (e.g. git, jupyter notebooks, Atom)
- Preferred experience with Plotly data visualization and Plotly Dash
- Experience with big data analytics platforms and/or workflow tools
- Excellent data manipulation, numerical and analytical skills, preferably with some working knowledge of data modelling and data structures
- A demonstrated ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
Competencies for Success
- Confidence in communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences, working with multiple professionals to translate their business needs into analytical requirements.
- Ability to coordinate multiple project activities and work with cross-functional and international teams
- Self-starter able to work with minimal guidance in an entrepreneurial start-up culture
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new analytical techniques and technologies
- Understanding the business value of analytics, and capable of articulating the “so what” to non-technical stakeholders
- Passion and a natural curiosity for all things data!
Learn more about Thinaer’s advanced analytics division.