Data Scientist will execute advanced analytics and computational approaches to accelerate and optimize people and machine analytics findings and insights. He/She will leverage people and machine feedback data to support developing impactful analysis and visualizations. The Data Scientist roles will generate analytics required by leading business organizations and support reporting and consulting activities regarding data and insight needs.
- Leverage Python to transform data sets and create insightful visualizations
- Build scalable frameworks that are run frequently to output business intelligence results
- Use mySQL / PostreSQL to query data for the specific needs of each project
- Perform detailed exploratory analysis using a variety of tools
- Work on a variety of team-based projects providing expertise in analytical and computational approaches
- Advise non-technical professionals on best approaches to solve business needs
- Build and construct prototypes of advanced analytic work-flows
- Collaborate with the engineering team to infuse analytics models into our core platform
Essential Skills & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor or above, with at least 2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Python, object oriented programming, APIs, and ability to utilize library documentation
- Experience with open source graphing library
- Knowledge of mySQL, PostgreSQL or other similar querying languages
- Experience with reproducible and collaborative technology platforms (e.g. git, jupyter notebooks, Atom)
- Experience with big data analytics platforms and/or workflow tools
- Excellent data manipulation, numerical and analytical skills, preferably with some working knowledge of data modelling and data structures
- A demonstrated ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
Competencies for Success
- Confidence in communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences, working with multiple professionals to translate their business needs into analytical requirements.
- Ability to coordinate multiple project activities and work with cross-functional and international teams
- Self-starter able to work with minimal guidance in an entrepreneurial start-up culture
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new analytical techniques and technologies
- Understanding the business value of analytics, and capable of articulating the “so what” to non-technical stakeholders
- Passion and a natural curiosity for all things data!