Setting Up Maps & Places
Using locationing? Let’s set up your Maps and Places.
The Maps landing page provides an at-a-glance view of all of the Maps and Zones where you are tracking and monitoring your Assets.
From this tab, you can add as many Maps as needed by selecting Create Map.
- To add a Map you will need a photo image or scanned copy of your map in an image file format.
- From the Maps page, select Create Map.
- Upload, name, and add Keywords to your Map.
- From the Maps tab, find the Map you want to edit.
- Click Edit.
- From the edit page, you can:
- Add, delete, or move Gateways
- Add, delete, or move Places
- Add, delete, or move Stationary Beacons
- Update Static Measurement
Places are zones or areas that are setup on your Maps to help identify where your Assets are. You can use Places to quickly see all Assets in this area. From this dashboard, you can sort Places, edit them, and see how many need to be checked.
- Select Places from the left navigation.
- Select the Place you would like to view.
- Toggle between Assets, Stationary Beacons, and Gateways.
- From the Maps tab, find the Map you want to edit a Place on.
- Click Edit.
- From the edit page, click on the Places section.
- Use the edit icon to change the Place name.
- Use the pin icon to move the points on the Map.
- Use the trash can icon to remove the Place from the Map.
- From the Maps tab, find the Map you want to add a Place to and click Edit.
- Under Places, click on “Add a Place”.
- Name your new Place and click the green check mark.
- Click on the pin icon to start drawing your Place on the map.
- To complete your Place, click on the first point you drew.
- Press Save.
Pro Tip: Ensure your entire Map is covered by individual Places and/or add a “boundary” Place along the perimiter. This will enhance experience and ability with other features like Triggers!